A well-mannered style, this ripe and expressive red plays its blackberry, plum and floral flavors gracefully against refined tannins on a medium-weight frame, with a lingering finish.
This Cabernet Sauvignon displays
pure dark red fruit aromas with a hint of sandalwood. It is light on the palate showing more oak than fruit and finishing with dry, slightly biter tannins.
"This is surprisingly fruit foward for a vintage that is often hard and unyielding. Big, ripe, round flavors of black cherry, plum, cassis and spices." - Paul Gregutt, August 2010
Inky red, almost black in color, this classic Cabernet Sauvignon is heavily concentrated with ripe cherry aromas and dark fruit flavors, backed by vanilla oak notes. Layered with texture that belies its silky smooth tannins, this wine's perfectly balanced alcohol and bright, clean acidity make it a perfect companion for red meat and savory dishes.
- Vintage: 2014
- Varietal Blend: 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Malbec, 3% Petit Verdot
- Appellation: Columbia Valley
- pH: 3.83
- TA: 5.8 g/l
- Alcohol: 15.1 %
- Grape Source: Quintessence, Waterbrook, Klipsun, Taylor Mag, Summit View
- Oak: 53% New French Oak, 47% second-to-fourth-use mixed oak
- Aging: 22 Months
- Yeast: Pasteur Red, RP-15, Andante
- Harvest Dates: Sept. 16 - Oct. 31, 2015
- Bottling Date: August 3-11. 2016
- Cases Produced: 7,030