A well-mannered style, this ripe and expressive red plays its blackberry, plum and floral flavors gracefully against refined tannins on a medium-weight frame, with a lingering finish.
This Cabernet Sauvignon displays
pure dark red fruit aromas with a hint of sandalwood. It is light on the palate showing more oak than fruit and finishing with dry, slightly biter tannins.
"This is surprisingly fruit foward for a vintage that is often hard and unyielding. Big, ripe, round flavors of black cherry, plum, cassis and spices." - Paul Gregutt, August 2010
Inky red, almost black in color, this classic Cabernet Sauvignon is heavily concentrated with black cherry, truffle oil and savory flavors of herb and mint, accented by aromas of dusty earth and graphite. Medium heavy tannins are balanced with bright, clean acidity, to finish with a good coating on the tongue of tannins that are fruit forward and balanced with cedar.
- Vintage: 2014
- Varietal Blend: 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Malbec, 3% Petit Verdot
- Appellation: Columbia Valley
- pH: 3.83
- TA: 5.8 g/l
- Alcohol: 15.1 %
- Grape Source: Quintessence, Waterbrook, Klipsun, Taylor Mag, Summit View
- Oak: 53% New French Oak, 47% second-to-fourth-use mixed oak
- Aging: 22 Months
- Yeast: Pasteur Red, RP-15, Andante
- Harvest Dates: Sept. 16 - Oct. 31, 2014
- Bottling Date: August 3-11. 2016
- Cases Produced: 7,030