Crispy Salmon with Winter Fruit Salsa
Preparation time: 10 minutes; cooking time 6 minutes. Servings: 2
- 2 six-ounce Salmon Filets, Skin on
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Winter Fruit Salsa
- 1 cup fresh cranberries thinly sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup white onion, diced small
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt to taste
In a heavy pan or skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the salmon with kosher salt on both sides. Place the salmon in the pan, skin-side down. Cook without moving for about 3 minutes and then flip. Cook until crispy on the outside but tender through the center, about 6 minutes total.
Make the salsa by gently combining everything in a medium-sized bowl and season to taste with a litter kosher salt. Spoon the salsa over the hot, crispy fish and serve immediately.
Pair with 2013 Browne Family Vineyards Merlot